Thursday, September 11, 2008

Anastacia's first food

We weren't completely sure that Anastacia was ready for solid food. She has been watching us eat every night at supper, but we thought maybe she just liked the design on the plates. So when Shawn went to the grocery store after work today, he surprised me by picking up a box of rice cereal. I was so excited to try it with her, so we mixed it with some breastmilk and tried it out!!! Here is her absolute first bites of solid food ever - you get to watch it as it happens (how cool is technology??!!!). I wanted Shawn to be the first one to feed her since I am the ONLY one who has been able to feed her so far.......


She seemed like she was just a natural at eating, didn't she??? I cannot believe how great she did. Here are a couple of pictures as well, I love seeing her with food on her face!!!


"Ok, gimme some more!!!!!!" Here's a video closer to the middle of the feeding. She had really gotten the hang of it by this time....

1 comment:

Michael and Angela said...

Aaaawwww!! What a big girl!! Wow Larena, I remember when I was feeding Alex for the first time, I wish I would have gotten it on video! Great memories! She's soooo adorable, I just want to bite her chunky little cheeks! :-) Thanks for sharing this special moment!