Friday, September 19, 2008

Word Works begins again - woo hoo!!!!!!!

Okay, I absolutely love Word Works and we had our first night tonight!!! I am so pumped I cannot even get to sleep!!! So I have seven ladies at my table - seven wonderful ladies, I might add!! God is so awesome, He knows just who needs to be with whom. Three of them will be doing Word Works for the first time and the other four were here last year. They are all so excited about the things that God is doing in their lives - I cannot wait to get to know them better. We will be studying about the "bad girls of the Bible" ~ hmmmm, I wonder what that will be like???!!! We usually concentrate on all the good girls and guys......I guess we will find out soon enough!

I am a table leader again this year (my second full year) and I know that God called me to do this. It might be a little challenging b/c I am still nursing Anastacia. So Shawn will be coming with me to Word Works each week and sitting in the lobby with Anastacia (the wonderful Daddy that he is!!). Whenever Anastacia needs me he will step inside the door and hand her off to me. Then, I'll pass her back to him when she is done eating - sounds like a lot, huh?? But it is gonna all be worth it. I seriously thought about not leading a table b/c of having a small baby, but I prayed and felt like God wanted me to push through this. And I am more excited than I have ever been before about leading the table!!!

Anastacia did really well tonight - she made it through the whole session, right up until time to clean up. So I was able to sit and relax and enjoy the time with my ladies - it was great!!! There are very few moments when I am able to sit around with a bunch of women and talk about the things I enjoy talking about - God, kids, husband, etc. Colten and Mahala both have their own classes, Anastacia has Daddy and I have my girl time - WONDERFUL!!!!!

Oh, little side note - Mahala will be getting baptized tomorrow night at the Clovis church at 7 pm. She got saved at Vacation Bible School this year, she has been baptized in the Holy Spirit, speaks in tongues and is an amazing little girl!!!! She is very excited about being baptized in water and she wants Mommy and Daddy both to baptize her. I will post pics sometime after.....

5 comments:

Rick and Sheri said...

Larena, so excited for you! You are an awesome table leader and those women will love you, I just know! So glad you pressed through to lead even though it's taking a lot of extra effort. It will be worth it for you! Sounds like you had a great time!

Brewskie said...

I am so excited about my table too. I can't wait to dive into the study. BTW that's so awesome about Mahala!! I can't wait to see the pics. I would have just watched her baptism but Zach and I can't make it tonight. Love ya.

Michael and Angela said...

Cute background! I have a way you can take that ugly blue box away. If you wanna know, email me. ;-)

Michael and Angela said...

Cute background! I have a way to get that ugly blue box outta there! If you wanna know, email me. ;-)

Four Lil Monkeys said...

Pastor Sheri - you are so awesome, you are always very encouraging. Thank you!!
Angela - thanks for saying my background is cute - i am so glad i finally figured out how to change it!