Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sleepover....


Mahala had her first sleepover last night!!! Abigail spent the night and they had a blast!!!! Abigail was here yesterday for most of the day and when her mama called to say she was coming to get her, we decided she could spend the night. So instead of coming to get her, Brandy brought her toothbrush, pj's and clothes. Abigail has never spent the night with a friend before, so this was a very new experience for her and she did awesome!!! She did not cry for her mama and daddy at all.
We started off with the girls in Mahala's tent, but they could not get to sleep. Mahala kept coming out of her room saying "Mommy we can't get to sleep." So I prayed with them for Jesus to help them sleep. The 2nd time I told her and Abigail to pray themselves to sleep (that's what I do when I can't sleep). By the third or fourth time, I figured out that it was not gonna work out cause the girls were hot and the space in the tent was too tight for two wiggly little girls. So I put Abigail in Mahala's little toddler bed and Mahala in the big bed. Mahala said she didn't want to sleep by herself, so I told her that Bubba would be in there soon. That did it for her, she was out within minutes. Abigail went straight to sleep after we figured out that she needed her sippy cup of water to hold.
This morning, Colten woke up first and checked on Abigail, who was waking up. She told Mr. Shawn that she was hungry, so they started going through the cabinets looking for breakfast. Abigail said she wanted cereal, which we didn't have. So she said she wanted pretzels. Then she said she wanted marshmallows. Then she went to the fridge and wanted to see what was in there. Finally, Shawn said "Hold on" and he came to me for help. I told him to give her the choice of oatmeal, eggs or toast. She chose scrambled eggs. She is so cute b/c she talks like a grown up in this little kid voice. When she saw me making a cup of coffee for myself she said, "Mrs. Larena I would like to have a cup of that." I told her that I didn't think her mommy would want her to have coffee. She said "Yes, but do you let Mahala have that?" I told her no and she said "Yes, but I would like to have a cup of that." I got so tickled at her.
Over all, it has been a great experience. I love it that Mahala has a sweet little friend who can spend the night with her.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

It's just the beginning of many more slumber parties. It really gets fun when they want 6-10 friends over.
sounds like the girls had a great time.
Good job Mom.

Rick and Sheri said...

Aww how cute that is Larena! That is so sweet that Mahala had a sleepover. Both of those girls have grown so much and are so cute. I remember when my "little girl" had her first sleepover. It's such a fun time you're entering into. Enjoy every minute of it. Thanks for sharing such a sweet post with us!

Michael and Angela said...

How stinken cute! Ok, maybe I do want a girl, boys don't really do sleepovers like that...Hmmm, nah, I changed my mind, I don't want a girl. LOL! Cute post Larena!

Four Lil Monkeys said...

Thanks girls! I really enjoyed the time with these little sweetie pie's! They had so much fun and I look forward to many more nights like these. I have always wanted my home to be a safe place for kids to come and hang out and just be themselves. This is only the beginning.

Ang, if you had a girl you would absolutely love it! They are sooooo different from those little superhero boys! You really should give it a shot, LOL!!!

Aguayo Family said...

The girls are adorable, I haven't seen them in such a long time... they're beginning to look like young ladies, not babes anymore. I am happy Mahala and Abigale have become such good friends, that's a special thing.