Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Applique

So, I've been trying to figure out something that I could do for my son....so far all of my sewing and bowmaking efforts have been concentrated on the girly side of things.  Having three girls, you can see why!  But I really wanted to make something special for him as well.  Sooooo, I decided to try a little bit of applique.  This really scared me at first!  I had practiced a few weeks ago, trying to figure it out on my own.  Let me tell you, it was a disaster!!  So I got smart today and looked for a free tutorial!!  I found an excellent one here.  I honestly can't remember what blog I got this link from, but it was wonderful and I am so thankful to the person who posted it! 



I found the applique here if you wanna check it out yourself.  I printed it off, followed the instructions from the tutorial and it was a success.  Sooo easy and quick - it literally took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish.  I think that is fabulous for a first time project - most take me several hours the first time I try something!! 

1 comment:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

It looks awesome! Great job! I really love the red striped fabric you chose.