Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mmmm Mmmm Good!!!

Tonight, Shawn grilled tri-tip and asparagus. Out here, they call it BBQ, but down South we believe that anything called BBQ should have some kind of BBQ sauce involved in the cooking. That was very confusing when we first moved out here - we kept getting invited to BBQ's at people's houses and couldn't figure out why people kept changing the menu. Finally we figured out that they never changed the menu - they just have a different definition for the word!!!

Colten begged his daddy to let him do some of the grilling (nope, I still can't call it BBQ), so Shawn handed him the tongs and let him turn the asparagus. He only lost a couple! ;0) I was proud of him!!



Of course, if Bubba was gonna get to help, little Miss Mahala had to help, too. Look at those little hands beneath Daddy's hands. So sweet....

And here is the almost finished product. And let me tell you, it was just as good as it looks! My husband knows how to do some tri-tip!!!

5 comments:

Rick and Sheri said...

Wow looks great! I know the whole BBQ vs grilling thing! All I ever knew BBQ to be was when you put something on the BBQ grill....Rick never could get that. He always said, "That's grilling not BBQ!" So, the saga STILL goes! Looks like your family had a fun dinner.

Aguayo Family said...

Loook there's our apartment... we miss grillin' with you guys. Everytime we BBQ chicken leg-quarters we talk about ya'll. Those were some fun times!!! I am glad you posted this it brought back good memories!

Four Lil Monkeys said...

Pastor Sheri - I remember you saying something about that on your blog and I thought it was so funny b/c we had experienced that confusion, too.
Aguayo Family - I know, we miss you guys being right there with us. We talk about sometimes how we miss knocking on your door to "come out and play!"

Aguayo Family said...

Oh Larena, the babies look so precious... I looked at all the pictures and I read ALL the captions. You have to read the captions and it makes the pictures so much more meaningful. It's like nothing has changed everything looks the same and the kids are sooo funny. I'll tell you I cried throughout all of the pictures and movies. It is hard to watch, but I love it. Jesse even watched 'em with me, he was comforting to me.
Love Ya'll

Aguayo Family said...

Ohhh, these babies are soo cute. I cried through the whole blog. I read ALL the blogs and looked at all the pictures. You have to read the blogs because it makes the pictures so much funnier. It brought back so many memories; and to see are apartment, man I miss you guys.