Saturday, November 22, 2008

Learning to sew

Nope, not me!! Colten is learning to sew. When his Granny and Papa were here about 5 months ago, his Granny taught him how to sew a button on and he has been "sew" interested ever since!!! So we have been working on a few projects and had some material left over. He decided he wanted to make his stuffed animal a blanket and a pillow.
Here is a picture of him "sleeping" with his new creation and it's owner:

Gerry Giraffe and his new bedding:


This is gonna be one of those things we keep forever and pass down to his kids. The first two things he ever sewed completely on his own!!!




He was determined to do it completely on his own (I don't know where he gets his strong will from??LOL!!!), so I let him have it. Not too bad for a first time.
This post brought back so many memories for me. When I was about his age, my grandma showed me a couple of stitches and I spent hours hand sewing clothes for my barbie dolls. I remember sitting in the middle of the floor with scraps of cloth around me and a needle and thread in my hand. I wish I had kept some of that stuff, it would have been interesting to compare. I know my stuff looked very similar to this!!!!


1 comment:

Rick and Sheri said...

That is priceless! He did such a great job on the patchwork. This is something to treasure!