Thursday, October 9, 2008

4 1/2 months old

Anastacia is now 4 1/2 months old and growing so fast! She weighs almost 17 pounds and is a little over 2 feet long. She has been eating bananas and this last week we added pears to the mix (for the sake of her tummy). So I was giving her bananas at one feeding and pears at another. Then she must have hit a growth spurt b/c for a few days in a row she was eating the whole package of bananas and then a whole package of pears, all at one feeding!!!!! We also started giving her a little water in a bottle, but she mostly just likes to chew on the nipple and dribble the water down her chin. She has been drooling/blowing bubbles since she was only a couple of weeks old and sucking/gnawing since birth. Everyone kept telling me "she must be teething," but we haven't seen any teeth yet. However, the last few nights her bedtime routine has changed and her top gums seem to be tender, so I am wondering if we won't see a little tooth come through soon......who knows???? It's so hard to tell when they are so little and can't really tell you anything.

Since she was about a month old, I have been showing her the sign for "milk" and this last week she started doing it pretty clearly. We have caught her moving her hand before, but weren't sure if she was really saying "milk" or not, but now she is pretty definite about it. She squeezes her hand open and shut several times and tenses her little arms up and grunts. It's so funny to watch. She definitely has a lot of personality and her face is full of expression!!

Anastacia is a very happy baby as long as you feed her when she's hungry, change her when she's wet and let her get herself to sleep. When she is tired, she wants to be able to get herself to sleep or else you are in for a very cranky baby. She loves to go places, but when it is time to take a nap, she prefers to be at home!

To show you just how chunky she has gotten, I took a picture of her thigh. Talk about thighs this baby has got some thighs! Shawn hates it when I call her my fat baby - but then we know she will grow out of it. Colten and Mahala were both big babies and look at them now (skinny minnies). So here is a picture of my little chunky monkey's thunder thighs~~I love it!!!


8 comments:

Michael and Angela said...

Wow, I can't believe she is already 4 1/2 months old! The picture of her thighs!! Oh my gosh, I just want to squeeze them! Alex was like that too, very very chunky, I was sad when he lost his baby fat. Anyways, cute post!

Rick and Sheri said...

Aww she is so adorable! I love her chunky monkey thighs! She'll definitely grow out of that so enjoy it while you can. I think she's looking more like you Larena. She's a beautiful baby....those gorgeous eyes! Thanks for sharing pictures and updates for those of us who don't get to see in person! I love this blog thing!

Anonymous said...

ANASTACIA IS A GORGIOUS DOLL BABY. SHE'S NOT FAT MAMA, SHE'S FLUFFY. HUG AND KISS HER FROM PAPA AND GRANNY GIBBS IN GEORGIA. LOVE YOU ALL.

Four Lil Monkeys said...

Thank you all for the comments and for saying she is beautiful! :*) And hugs and kisses to Granny and Papa and other family in GA. We miss you all so much. I talk to Anastacia about all of you and I always tell her how much her Granny and Papa, Aunt Tara, Uncle Stan & Bethany love her!!!

Brewskie said...

Lol...I love her "fluffy" thighs! So cute! And I have to say I think she looks so much like Mahala in that pic! Very cute!

Kristi said...

wow..larena!! I want to take a big outta of those thighs...she looks yummy! None of the 3 of mine were ever fat at all...no fat thighs around here except mine. They are far from that cute.
She's adorable. Wow, that went fast..it just seems like you were pregnant.
You two make cute babies...keep going!!
Kristi

Aguayo Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS, SHE IS PRECIOUS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH SHE LOOKS LIKE COLTEN AND MAHALA. MUST BE A FAMILY THING! I AM SURE GLAD I CAN SEE HER, BUT MAN HOW I WOULD LOVE TO HOLD HER :(
AT LEAST WE HAVE BLOGS!!!

Loushoe said...

I cant believe how big she is getting! I remember when you came over and I didnt even know you were pregnant. And now she is here and getting so big. I love the thighs!! Jake had huge rolls too, there so cute.. lol