Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Honor

Man, it has gotten busy the past few days. So many good things going on. John Bevere came to Celebration Sunday night and it was so good. I am still chewing on it. He spoke about honor. Honoring authorities, honoring our pastors, honoring our parents, our children and even each other. In just the few hours he was there he revealed so much that I cannot even absorb it all. Praise God we were blessed with the curriculum "Honor's Reward" which is a 12 week curriculum based on what he was preaching Sunday night. It takes what he talked about and breaks it down into bite size bits so that we can absorb all of it. I am so excited about this curriculum b/c God has already revealed some areas to me that I need to work on. I know that there is so much more that needs to be brought to the light, so I can't wait to get started on it. We are gonna go through the entire thing as a family - we have already watched the first week's video and will be going through the first chapter of the book tonight. Then we have a devotional to read and some questions to answer later in the week. I know that this will be a life-changing experience and one that has been a long time coming. I pray that God will make our hearts good soil so that this can be planted and root deep within us. I pray that it will produce a harvest that is 30, 60 and 100-fold. I pray that we will receive it and apply it to our lives and I cannot wait to see what God does as a result!!!

3 comments:

Sheri Twing said...

Awesome post Larena. I love John Bevere's teaching. It's just so straightforward. What a blessing to receive that curriculum and then to be able to do it together as a family!

Kristi said...

You Go Girl!!!! That will be amazing to your family...we may borrow it...ha!! It was a great message that made us all go hhmmmm!!! Really stuck to it...
Lv ya!!

Brewskie said...

I feel the same way! I was sitting there totally in awe of how good God is, that message was powerful! I can't wait to start the curriculum, we were blessed to get it as well!