Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fall Explosion

We spent our halloween at the Fall Explosion - it was a blast!!! We had over 10,000 people come thru b/t the Fresno and Clovis sites. How awesome is that??? I cannot wait to see some of those faces again very soon. We prayed ahead for many souls to be saved, many people to be touched by the Spirit of God during that time and I believe that God answered that prayer. I am so excited about the impact Celebration is having on the Valley and just as excited to be a part of that.
This is my little giraffe. She was so cute. I had 3 different people come up to me and say "Oh my gosh, I thought you were holding a stuffed animal" when I was holding her in my arms. It was really funny. She didn't even seem to be bothered by the big stuffed head on top of her head.



Here is my pirate captain. I was a little skeptical about this costume, I am not big on pirates. But Daddy loves Pirates of the Caribbean and so does Colten, so majority ruled. He really was handsome in his costume. He even had an "earring." He thought he was cool!

And here is my sweet little bride. I called her the "bride of Christ" cause Daddy was not happy about his little girl being dressed as a bride at 4 1/2 years old!!! So that is how I convinced him to let her dress up like this. The costume was a handmade by Brandy's mom when Brandy was about 7 years old. It was so special and I was so nervous to have Mahala wearing it, but she did pretty good. Right up until we got home and I found out that she had chewed a hole in her glow bracelet and the ORANGE liquid had leaked all down the dress. Wanna know how I figured it out? She was GLOWING in the dark when we walked into our house that night!!! Leave it to Mahala, that little girl is so much like her mama. I yanked the dress off of her and threw it in the wash immediately. Whew! It all came out. That's the last time one of my kids borrows an heirloom for their halloween costume!!! (or anything else) Big thanks to Brandy for being awesome enough to risk her special outfit being ruined. That was so sweet and thoughtful of her, cause it was way better than the store bought versions we found.
On to less drama...the Fall Explosion really was a lot of fun. The kids waited in the line to get candy - trunks were amazing. Everyone worked so hard on their trunks to make them extra special for all of the visitors. This was the Noah's Ark trunk. They had several "animals" in or around the ark. It was my favorite.
Then we went to the rock climbing b/c that is Colten's absolute favorite thing to do.


Next, we took a break to get Anastacia out of her costume b/c she was getting hot. As Daddy was trying to get her out, she puked on him. I got this picture of it before we got it cleaned up. I thought it was funny cause it wasn't me getting puked on!!!


Mahala going down the huge slide:



This was our stage for the announcers - it turned out really pretty. Brandy and Pastor Terri (and all of the others who helped them) did a great job with the decorating!! This was our final picture for the night at Fall Explosion.










2 comments:

Josh & Bethany said...

OH!!!

I wish I got a pic with Mahala that night!!! LOL we were both Brides!!!

so precious Larena.. I love the Posts!!!

Rick and Sheri said...

The kids look so cute. I love all their costumes and they just look like they were having so much fun! I love the Fall Explosions!