Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Four year old shots

Mahala had her four year old well baby checkup today and had to get some shots. She was supposed to have 4-5 shots total, but I told them that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do all of them at once. Boy am I glad I made that decision. We ended up only doing 2 and it was all I do to keep her still for those two!! She did really good just before and did ok with the first one, but when it came to the second she put up a fight. I had to wrap my arms all the way around her and hold her very still. Two down, two to go!!! Plus she has to have blood work done. UGH!!! I'm waiting on Daddy for that one. I don't know if I could hold her still long enough to get two vials of blood!!!

Actually, I'm really proud of her. When I was little it took a doctor, two nurses and my mom to give me just one shot! I was a fighter. I hated needles with a passion!! I still do, but now I have to act like a big girl. To tell you how much I hate needles, I have had three children and never had an epidural. With Anastacia, I didn't have ANY drugs at all, not even an IV! That's how much I hate needles. I would rather deal with the pain than have a huge needle stuck in my back! Of course, Anastacia was a supernatural childbirth, but the first two were definitely NOT!!

OK, so this post wasn't supposed to be about me, but I wanted to let you know why I am so proud of her. Even though she fought a little, she got over it really quick (which I never did) and she walked out of that office with her head held high and an ice pack on each arm, LOL!! So here are a couple of pictures of my big girl:



5 comments:

Aguayo Family said...

Ok I read all your latest posts and are you sure you aren't just dividing them up on purpose???? LOL Mahala was a trooper she looks like she is ok in her pics. You can tell her I got a shot today too, I got a flu shot!! Anastacia looks like she is really developing well, I can't wait to see steps and hear words!!

Josh & Bethany said...

Awww my Mahala!!

I cant wait until her and Colton come to Aunt Bernadettes house and eat TONS of candy and build Gingerbread houses!!!

Aguayo Family said...

This thing drives me crazy, I put a comment yesterday and it didn't show up. You can tell Mahala that I got a shot yesterday too, I got my flu shot and my arm is tender. I can't wait to see Anastacia walking and hear her talking, How Exciting!!! These videos are great.

Sheri Twing said...

Aww what a big girl! She looks so much like you Larena. She did good!

Brewskie said...

I love, love, love that first pic of Mahala!!! She looks so sure of herself, like hey, I can handle anything! So cute!